1. Welcome to our site! Use IP play.unionmc.net (or u-mc.co) to connect to our server!
    Dismiss Notice

Bounties!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WhyNotHusky, May 28, 2017.

1. WhyNotHusky

WhyNotHusky Active Member

Hello onions, my idea is simple. Implementing bounties to PVP on prison. The aspects are simple;
    • The player who sets the bounty will have to pay for it. (Bounties would be set in money.) Once a player chooses his bounty value, he sets it and the value will be deducted from his account.
    • A command would be added like /bounty per se and you will be able to see all of the bounties that are currently active.
    • Once a player kills the person set on a bounty he/she will be rewarded with the set value.
    • You can also cancel your bounties and receive the money back if you wish after you cancel it.
    • When the player is killed, the head of the player will be dropped, and you can exchange it for the reward.
    Overall, I think this would be a great feature! It would definitely encourage more people to PVP and grind for money and rewards.

#1 WhyNotHusky, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. Opinionised

Opinionised Well-Known Member

Good idea, but would this be implemented into the /duel as well? Because, all I see happening there is people will set bounties on others they duel and if the person with a bounty is glitched / lags out it will be unfair on the person who set it as it wasnt a fair kill on the person they set it upon. Apart from that good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WhyNotHusky

It would not be set in duel. Then it basically is a 1v1 for a chance at a bounty. Strictly /warp pvp only. For example. I set a one-trillion bounty on you donald, in a duel you have a good chance to lose it to a good pvper, but in PVP, your allies will be with you probably to help protect you.

4. Opinionised

Opinionised Well-Known Member

Hmm seems like a good idea but will it be in duels as well? As I see that you could claim them in duels not just at warp pvp. Also I think if this is added if the bounty isnt claimed after a certain amount of time the person with the bounty on there head claims the money. (Time limit is set by the person putting the bounty, also can't revoke a bounty)

5. PandaMan81

PandaMan81 Well-Known Member

I think that this is a very good idea, and maybe along with this idea, if there was an update including it maybe add a wager system for duels as @IVotedForDonald said

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adventured

Adventured Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My days, this idea has been suggested many times. Can we actually have this idea implemented? It is such a good idea.

I think the only reason staff are hesitating is because of people that get a bounty, get there friend to kill them and then split the money.

But people like me who get a bounty wont do that, and the only people that would do that are the people that get a 100m bounty.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BuildItJosh

BuildItJosh Well-Known Member

I also think this is a very very good idea.

8. WhyNotHusky

I think people should be able to revoke the bounty. People make mistakes, and I know some people would type the wrong amount. I agree though that after a certain time it is null and void and the person with the bounty gets the $.

9. BuildItJosh

ZI think the person if he does not die he should get triple the amount back

10. WhyNotHusky

That could be abused.

11. PandaMan81

PandaMan81 Well-Known Member

If you wager 1T and your fighting your alt, you could let your alt win and you would get another 2T as @WhyNotHusky said this could easily be abused.

12. Strategical

Strategical Forum Crazy!

It could be set per IP (I know this would affect users such as iPunish & Opinionised).

13. Writhing

Writhing Well-Known Member

Maybe if the person who is bountied kills the person who bountied them in the first place, there could be a system where the "bountied" obtains the money?

14. Strategical

Strategical Forum Crazy!

Maybe, that'd be a cool feature. But then again, alts come into play.

People could easily ask their friends who do or do not play union to help them farm this.

15. Meewoo

Meewoo Resigned Admin

"Hey friend this guy I hate put a bounty you, let me kill you so we can take his money! >:)"

That's the only issue I can see with it.. Since we have gangs if someone in the same gang gets a bounty put on them, they'll most like let a friend kill them so they can take their money.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WhyNotHusky

The person who sets the bounty gets the money taken out of THEIR account, so I do not know how the person who set the bounty could "farm" this. Also, I like that idea about if the bounty target kills the person who puts the bounty on them they get the $, but wouldn't the original setter of the bounty just not PVP? The whole bounty system is to set a target on someone to get them killed whilst you're giving rewards for the job.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Writhing

Writhing Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right. I guess it's just a situation where it would work if the bountier pvped. Maybe it's just better to leave it where you can stack bounties on a person and that person had a huge target on their back :p.

18. Meewoo

Meewoo Resigned Admin

My point exactly... If someone sets a bounty on your friend, you could kill your friend, and gain the money.

19. WhyNotHusky

Either way someone is losing $. There's no point in doing that, I don't think anyone would do that. That is literally just giving people $ which you can do from chestshops or buying items in AH.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BuildItJosh

Then make a rule for doing that