1. Welcome to our site! Use IP play.unionmc.net (or u-mc.co) to connect to our server!
    Dismiss Notice

OP-Factions 2.0: Announced

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Aaron, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hello!

This post is long-overdue and most-certainly not a secret anymore.
    Straight to the point... OP-Factions is resetting!
    We are aiming to launch OP-Factions 2.0 on Saturday, 14th Oct at 1pm EST (6pm GMT)

[​IMG]

Detailed below are our target patchnotes for the reset. We don't usually announce patchnotes before the reset however this will also save time on the reset-day.

- Brand new spawn (Thanks @Grapei)
    - Brand new overworld/nether/end world
    - Border claiming glitch has been fixed (Physical border removed)
    - Natural blaze spawners removed
    - Tokens are worth more and not as common
    - Librarian has finally arrived with artifacts, relics and more.
    - New rank: Warlord
    - Glitchy enchantments such as Skillswipe & Boomerang removed
    - Enchantment caps have been reduced to improve balance
    - Donor kits have been revamped to suit new enchantment caps
    - mcMMO xp gain has been slightly reduced
    - mcMMO axes are not ridiculously overpowered
    - Relics have been added to KoTH loot
    - Relics have been added to Battle Boxes
    - Player Vaults have been reduced to 4 rows - this makes raiding more interesting & fun
    - Spawners have a 100% chance of dropping from a Creeper Egg explosion
    - Hardened enchantment token price has been increased, you can find this in the Librarian too
    - Mythical crate price has been reduced to $3mil
    - Mythical crate has seen a boost in reward chances
    - Golden Apples are rarer
    - New golden apple cooldown to balance PVP
    - KoTH loot has been buffed
    - KoTHs have been rescheduled to 2 a week (Sat/Sun)

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates/changes to the schedule or release of OP-Factions. These patchnotes may change too.

We hope you're as excited as we are.
    Aaron & Union MC staff

• Like Like x 6
  2. Briggan2704

Briggan2704 Well-Known Member

1st xD to bad I'm not playing mc anymore will still hope on from time to time! :p

3. Cherubimx

Cherubimx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting! Can't wait until it comes out. :)

4. Vizha

Vizha Well-Known Member

Hmm...

5. Adventured

Adventured Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Bring it on.

6. Strategical

Strategical Forum Crazy!

I don't have any opinions about the mentioned additions, however I do think an ftop prize would drastically increase the playerbase.

7. KilZone7999

KilZone7999 Well-Known Member

Interesting

8. kickout01|alynn13

I and a few more people will agree that this update will not increase players but will reduce players. Most people with high ranks are now being ripped off, adding a new higher more expensive rank will cause issues amongst the paladin ranks. The new rank off of sale would cost around $150+ USD. This is an insane price that ranked players and other players will not agree on. I understand that my say is not the strongest, but if a large number of people express their disapproval and agree with this comment I believe that a change should be made. As well as the new rank, what would it add? Just a new kit no special commands? Unless you rip them off of paladin to make more money!

As well as this, hardly any, if not zero of the ideas stated by the community were added. I myself know that I posted far too much but others also had useful ideas, none of these have been listed in the changes.

Most of the changes are nerfs not buffs, and a lot of outrage will appear. What is happening is the top rank is being nerfed and a better more expensive rank is appearing, even if you lower the paladin rank cost you would have to do the same for all ranks. This is definitely not a fair adjustment to this server. I believe that instead of nerfing the server you should add new ideas and possibly create an "OP Factions 2". With these ideas as a test.

I'm not meaning to insult anyone I just do not agree with these changes.

#8 kickout01|alynn13, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Cliffee

Cliffee Resigned Admin

Where did you get that price tag from? Out of the blue?...
    The reason of making a new rank is not to get the last dollar out of your hands, its your choice if you want to buy it or not. The server is also in need of donations to keep up, and recently there haven't really been any donations.

The point of a reset is to get a fresh feeling and a fresh start, along with some changes and maybe some updates.

The nerfs are there to make it better for everyone (Donators & Nonranks). When we made Op-Factions we wanted to make it fair to everyone, that was the plan. But it didn't turn out that way, donators were dominating nonranks and they didn't even have a chance to get started up. The changes are there to make it fun for everyone. As for updates, they are for the future, and now is the time to make some ideas to what they could be. Who even said anything about Paladin being nerfed? Its not being nerfed, its being balanced. Everything is getting balanced.

Well, that is your opinion and you are allowed to have your own opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

September & back to school season hit hard. Doubt the server would've lasted much longer without this needed reset.
    We're on a very tight time-scale, I don't have all the time off I used to have. Yes, we welcome all the suggestions you have made but the priority is boosting the playerbase. The reset can come as updates.

While a lot of the changes are nerfs, the main focus of the reset is a reset. Players complain about not getting one then complain when we give them one.

The changes are to improve the life-span of the next map, and to balance to gameplay. There's already a lot of content on the server for new players to wrap their head arounds, so we don't wish to get carried away with even more content.

The server operates around funds and donations. I simply don't have the time to run it as a voluntary, fun hobby-based project. Things change over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. kickout01|alynn13

The fact that paladin already costs $125 USD unless u lower that price theres no big difference.

12. Adventured

Adventured Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Currently paladin is $43.75
    And I am pretty sure it only ever costed $80?

Edit: Adding to what Grapei said, nobody is being told they have to buy the new rank. This reset is well needed, but the server will not be able to survive if there is nothing new to buy.

I would highly encourage everybody to give the reset ago.

#12 Adventured, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1