1. Welcome to our site! Use IP play.unionmc.net (or u-mc.co) to connect to our server!
    Dismiss Notice

Releasing: Union MC 3.0

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Aaron, Aug 12, 2016.

?

Should scamming be allowed?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

It’s here! Union MC Prison 3.0

We’ve made many changes in this update, most noticeably the spawn, mines and changes to donor ranks; and hopefully solved the crisis with our economy in 2.0.

Brand new builds:

Below are some quick screenshots of our new Spawn, A-Z mines and donor mines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Changes to donor ranks:

We’re aware some users may disagree with our decisions here however we’ve decided to get rid of a few “unused” donor ranks and pack perks closer together. Especially as some of them have been as low as $2.

We’ll be removing the ranks Thug, Underboss, Legend and Champion. Users who have Thug will be moved to Convict, Underboss users will be moved to Gangster and users who have Legend and Champion will be moved to God. This will be done automatically.

We apologise for users who have paid for these ranks however we feel they were redundant and just causing confusion.

We’ve also adjusted some donor rank permissions.

/autosmelt moved to Convict

/hat moved to Convict

/workbench moved to Convict

/feed moved to Gangster

/nick moved to Gangster

/invsee moved to Boss

Colored nicknames moved to Boss

+18 Enderchest slots moved to Boss

Bypass /feed cooldown moved to Boss

/fly moved to God

/back has been removed entirely (too many exploits)

With these changes, we’ve also introduced a new top “Emperor” rank; which includes /flyspeed, non-breakable pickaxes and more! Find it @ Store.UnionMC.net

Spawner Cases:

We’ve migrated away from the old Spawner system and, similarly to Skyblock, you can only receive spawners through spawner cases.

Plots:

We’ve made plots slightly larger (~2 blocks each side) and introduced a new, cleaner road pattern. We have attempted to allow users to merge plots together however this posed as many issues. Perhaps we will look into the bugs in the future and introduce this at a later date.

Plots can now also be obtained when you’re A-rank. This is to prevent confusion for new users.

Auction House:

AuctionHouse has finally been added after popular request, with the removal of our chat-based auction system. View current auctions with /ah, and list your own with /ah sell. (Must be at least H-rank in order to list items)

Crates:

We’ve simplified our crate system by renaming both Uncommon and Master crates to Common crates. This crate can be purchased for $5,000,000,000 in-game balance and is the only in-game based crate (*excluding vote*)

The treasure crate has been changed to the Premium crate, and we’ve completely abandoned the concept of the party crate due to its large amount of bugs.

Our pickaxe crate remains unchanged (except the Stratum pickaxe sheet cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds. This may be subject to change)

The new Premium key & our Pickaxe keys can be found @ Store.UnionMC.net

PvP:

We’ve moved the new PvP area to a separate warp to prevent newcomers losing their items. (/warp pvp)

Additionally we’ve added more KoTHs and they will be randomized each day.

You can also find that we’ve introduced two new sword enchants: Wisdom and Boomerang. Wisdom allows users to obtain more XP from killing mobs, where Boomerang allows the player’s sword to be thrown at an enemy in order to deal additional damage (Shift R-click). Boomerang has a 60 second cooldown, and takes ~5 seconds for your thrown sword to be returned to your inventory automatically.

Gapple cooldowns have been decreased to 20 seconds and can now also be purchased at /warp tokens from the Gapple merchant.

We’ll also be adding some major PvP updates next week too, stay in the loop for that!

Prestiges:

We’ve added 5 other prestiges, there’s now 20 total. You’ll now also receive 2 prestige crates for prestiging.

Mine Parties:

We’re aware that vote parties haven’t been too exciting, so we’ve removed the whole “ Vote Party Crate” aspect and added Mine Parties. Upon reaching the voting goal, the MineParty mine will be reset (/warp mp, /warp mineparty). This is full of clay which has a high rate at spawning special Minecrates which yield tokens, multipliers, enchantment books and more.

New Voting Rewards:

Voting should now have more incentive with the all new Mine Parties and hopefully these rewards too. You’ll receive the following

· 3,500 XP

· 3 Tokens

· 2 Vote Keys

· 4 Vote Bombs

We plan to change these rewards around as the economy changes in order to keep them effective.

Chat format:

Chat has also received a cleanup, hopefully you enjoy the new chat format we’ve added.

Rule Change:

We’re unsure on whether this is a good or bad decision, however scamming users is now allowed. I’ve added a poll to the top of this thread. Please submit your view, we’ll take it into account if we wish to change this rule.

Hopper Changes:

Hoppers can be a leading cause of server lag, we’re attempting to reduce them and encourage people to use as little as possible.

They can now no longer be purchased from the shop; however you can obtain them through MineCrates, Vote crates and Premium crates. We will be gradually adding more methods to obtain them. Please provide some feedback for this change, we’d appreciate to hear what you think.

We hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Briggan2704

Briggan2704 Well-Known Member

3. Meewoo

Meewoo Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Exciting stuff! I will be returning next Tuesday. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weston

Weston Well-Known Member

looked at emperor and looks kinda not worth the price the only things worth are fly speed which is just convenient and not essential and ubreakable pickaxes but with /fix really doesn't have much of a purpose except when you are paying 0 attention to your pickaxe and its durability.

#4 Weston, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. richrex711

richrex711 Forum Crazy!

My opinons
    1) Are you really asking if scamming should be alowed?
    2)
    Yes I understand these ranks are "unused" but making the people who bought then a lower rank? That is like paying extra for something worth less.
    3)
    Yes I understand hoppers cause lag but still. Why make them rare? That one action stops people from doing so many things.

6. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

Boss doesnt get fly anymore, thats a tad evil cuz some bought only for fly o_O

7. Meewoo

Meewoo Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

1) 80% of the time the "scammers" don't get banned as the proof is never good enough or adds up.
    2) It's not that hard to recognise a scam.
    3) Brings more of a prison feeling to the server.

Just my opinion. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

Thats the owner for ya
    Screenshot_14.png

9. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We made this change as boss was relatively cheap compared to what we'd usually sell fly for.

10. rtltv1999

rtltv1999 Member

11. tqM

tqM Well-Known Member

Firstly I really like the reset, I personally think that its much better than 2.0. The only thing which I do not agree with is people (including me) who only bought boss for the flying perk. I personally did not buy boss in the huge sales and instead upgraded all the way from convict. I think that fly should stay as a boss perk as many people will be annoyed about this. Apart from that its great. Thanks for making 3.0 so good :)

EDIT: Also I dont fancy paying $30 more for something I had in the first place.

EDIT AGAIN: Just realised that the old boss rank is a similar price to the new god rank ( I think). Really? Considering people can buy god now for a smaller price than I bought boss and get more perks. I'm a tiny bit annoyed. @Aaron

#11 tqM, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  12. ReverseBatman

ReverseBatman Forum Crazy!

Excited to see you tommorow!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Meewoo

Meewoo Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Not this Tuesday, next one. :p

14. ReverseBatman

ReverseBatman Forum Crazy!

Awww well see you in 8 days!

• Like Like x 1
  15. MikeBaee

MikeBaee Member

The Hype is real :D

16. NoHaxJustPokeGo

17. HyperBurger

HyperBurger Active Member

18. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

um er what? 3.0 already out

19. MikeBaee

MikeBaee Member

I know? Why does it matter to you if I say hype still?

20. HyperBurger

HyperBurger Active Member

Hype!