1. Welcome to our site! Use IP play.unionmc.net (or u-mc.co) to connect to our server!
    Dismiss Notice

The State of OP-Factions, Prison & Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Aaron, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hi again.
    I thought I'd take some time to gather some feedback & suggestions for the server and state our update plans for the future.

It is agreeable the back-to-school period is always a hard-hitter on our server and many others. While I don't want to leak too much information, I can state we have large plans for OP-Factions in the coming weeks. I would like to gather some info on things wrong with OP-Factions and fix them up for a large update/release(?) very soon. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback and things which need changed.

It is evident OP-Factions deserves the attention right now as it appears to be the most active, and prison's already had a reset recently. However this doesn't mean we are not looking at OP-Prison either -- feel free to leave thoughts & suggestions for Prison (however our update plan for prison is not as 'intense' as OP-Factions at the moment)

I will be posting later in the week to announce some news for OP-Factions, watch this space.

Leave any bugs, suggestions or fixes you'd like to see in OP-Factions (& OP-Prison) in the thread replies!

Aaron :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. klunsmans

klunsmans Member

FIRST and yay :p
    Btw id like more power in op factions cus a lot is OP except the power

#2 klunsmans, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. TeaMToXic

TeaMToXic Member

Well for Op-Prison I think u should add a section in the duels part. What i mean i think there should should be more pvp sections like uhcf or uhc stuff like that. Also for Op-Prisons make more koths its not fun going to the same one everyday. For Op-Factions there are a lot of issues one of them is enchants. Boomerang when you use it your axe or sword won't come back I know this because i lost multiple gsets to this. Another thing is anvils at spawn I have heard people saying there use to be some there but not anymore ;(. Another things is make it to where people can also duel on factions just like on prisons. But last but not least I think its a little bit more on the factions side since its really hard for non ranks like me to make money most of people like me that don't have a rank on factions start off with something like cave spawners or cow and its really hard to make money some people will not agree with me but this is in just my own opinion but thats what i think

IGN- DeVzzz

4. kickout01|alynn13

Firstly I have posted a few Ideas already. (https://unionmc.net/threads/factions-improvement-ideas-by-kickout01.8938/#post-41322).

I would like to state my opinion on some extra enchants and issues with enchants. At /warp te you can find the enchantments but not what they do. It would be most helpful to actually know what they all do without nagging other players. As well as this some other possible enchant Ideas would be an enchant that makes you move more swiftly upwards in water and across (similar to depth striders but possibly more effective in swimming up walls), and another few being Implants (feeds and replenishes your air whilst moving), hell-forged (repairs armor slowly depending on level whilst you move around.), Ice aspect (Slows your enemy on hit. Has a Chance to freeze an enemy Player.), Perplexity (The attacker's controls become backwards.) and confusion (If the enchantment is "triggered" your opponents hot-bar and inventory will be messed up and switched around.). Some of these could be weapons, Armor or bows or all three. This one is for tools only; Blast (mines a 3x3x?. The question mark would depend on the enchant level. This would make base work much easier.).

Voting rewards.
    Apparently there is a 33% to receive a hopper form voting. The amount of times that I have voted should have rewarded me with about 40 hoppers. Some other people that I have asked have said the same thing. "I haven't got any hoppers from voting, but I have from the vote crates." These chances do not seem right at all.

For the rest of my Ideas that have been reviewed before follow the link.
    Thanks Kickout01

5. kickout01|alynn13

DeVzzz Do you think that starting off with a spawner is fair? Because I do not. To start off on a factions server you have to grind for what you want so you start but using a fortune pick and mining valuables. Having a spawner completely skips the stage of low cash as you can just sell the spawner for quick cash.

6. TeaMToXic

TeaMToXic Member

No that is what I'm saying you got the wrong idea. I'm saying it is hard for non-ranks to get money, therefore, they cant get spawners to start of getting money. I'm saying there should be some type of way for non-ranks to be able to get money when they don't have spawners.

7. Writhing

Writhing Well-Known Member

Cactus/Sugarcane farms?

8. Adventured

Adventured Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The only way to get money is from high tier spawners. I want to see farming nether warts, melons.

9. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Duels seem like a nice idea, with a similar implementation to what is found on Prison.
    I would be willing to add them, however will they take away from people who PvP in the warzone etc?

10. Opinionised

Opinionised Well-Known Member

Its not that hard to get money as a none rank on factions. When it first launched we had a massive nether wart farm and would make like 200k from harvesting with like a fortune 10 pick. We kept increasing the fortune and we kept getting more money.

11. kickout01|alynn13

Yes, they would be taking away from warzone pvp but If there are more reasons for the war zone then the implication of duels would be effective on factions. I understand that it's on Prison because in prison gear is a lot harder to get compared to factions where you can get pretty many handouts. What I'm suggesting is a mini Koth or koths to be at different times than just 4 pm. In a mini Koth, a small structure would appear at a completely random time and would require about 2-3 minutes to capture. This would make activity on this server more frequent as people would love to get some loot, but the excitement of wondering when it would happen would keep players online. But duels will take away the sense of loss, if you pvp in /warp fps or /warp pvp you risk losing gear, whilst in duels, you lose nothing. The sense of loss is a big part of factions. Your god armor breaks and your back to grinding. This adds a huge balance and a hope that you are superior to someone that you find and pick a fight with. In my opinion, duels should not be added to factions.

During the time of a mini Koth to capture it, only 1 person time counts not for a faction. This would make people have a lot of trust in fellow faction members to stay in the capture zone for long enough to claim. I believe that with this in place as well as a random time spawn it can influence multiple cultures of players like my self (I'm Australian.) to be more active. For me Koth spawns at 6:00 am and at this time I have another 5 hours of sleep or I'm getting ready for school. This would require a new command to be added such as /mini-Koth to see when the last mini Koth spawned. There would have to be a minimum time of 1 hour in between as you would not like to have a glitch such as 3 within 1 hour.

As suggested by DeadlyDestoryer, The weekly treasure crate that would be spawned on a Saturday in a random place. I remember this and tried to get a few of them. (Failed miserably...). If this is added back, the idea of "has it been taken" and the adventure starts to go around and it becomes an all-out race to get the crate.

The moderator age requirement. I understand that you have to be of a certain age so that the moderators are mature enough to take this seriously. But I believe that if a player that shows potential as a possible moderator and does not meet the age requirement by 1 or 2 years they should still be given a chance. At the moment this server is... dead. I have run for the mod before but was not accepted. I was told, "Try again when your 14." At the time I was upset, but I now understand why. At that point in time in life (I'm still 13) and still a bit at the moment am immature.

The librarian at spawn, I don't know what this is meant to do but it's not finished.

Other Ideas on death people will lose their head, this could be used to sell a portion of their balance.

I'm going to also add everything else that I have written before, just to make it easier.

I would like to state my opinion on some extra enchants and issues with enchants. At /warp te you can find the enchantments but not what they do. It would be most helpful to actually know what they all do without nagging other players. As well as this some other possible enchant Ideas would be an enchant that makes you move more swiftly upwards in water and across (similar to depth striders but possibly more effective in swimming up walls), and another few being Implants (feeds and replenishes your air whilst moving), hell-forged (repairs armor slowly depending on level whilst you move around.), Ice aspect (Slows your enemy on hit. Has a Chance to freeze an enemy Player.), Perplexity (The attacker's controls become backwards.) and confusion (If the enchantment is "triggered" your opponents hot-bar and inventory will be messed up and switched around.). Some of these could be weapons, Armor or bows or all three. This one is for tools only; Blast (mines a 3x3x?. The question mark would depend on the enchant level. This would make base work much easier.).

Voting rewards.
    Apparently, there is a 33% to receive a hopper form voting. The number of times that I have voted should have rewarded me with about 40 hoppers. Some other people that I have asked have said the same thing. "I haven't got any hoppers from voting, but I have from the vote crates." These chances do not seem right at all.

I Have a few suggestion for Factions.

Firstly, I believe axes should be enchant-able with fortune for melon farm grinding.

Secondly, A place where It explains all custom Enchants and what they can be added to, for example, /warp Enchants

Thirdly, The speed enchants sign at Tokens. (Infinite is spelled wrong my mind can't unsee it.)

Fourthly, This is something I know that cannot be addressed easily but more active moderators, as an Australian I hardly ever see mods and constantly see hackers.

Fifthly, A factions reset, what I've heard is it hasn't reset In a long time.

Finally, This will be difficult but at the end of each season the winning faction gets a few prizes, I do not know what but I believe this will add some more competition. (Prizes could be like 100 dollars in the store or something just something people will become interested in like the Archon).

Slime blocks, myself alone I love to use a slime hybrid but on this server slime blocks with pistons don't seem to work. I understand where some of this comes from as u can glitch raid with slime blocks but some cannons I love use slime blocks.

This is just a few of the suggestions I had time to write but I hope they will be reviewed.
    All in all, I love this server.
    I feel like I just wrote an essay o_O
    More Ideas to come, I feel sorry for the mods right now. Love you guys.
    Mostly all Is for factions.

#11 kickout01|alynn13, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  12. klunsmans

klunsmans Member

:O

13. Writhing

Make the duels wagers so that people will be discouraged to just keep spamming them.It'll add an aspect of competition that'll keep drawing players in, at the same time it'll make sure that the warzone won't be obsolete.

14. kickout01|alynn13

Fair but your gear will be not at risk, and will never be lost if /duel is added to factions. As a player of factions sometimes If we want a fair duel we go to prisons and do it there. If there was a sort of wager that the server paid then people could spam with friends and break the economy.

15. Writhing

The server wouldn't pay, the players would. As for your gear I think that's a given.

16. BuddyTheElf123

I think you should do another event they were really fun and everyone liked them. (I would personally like another pvp event)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. kickout01|alynn13

More power is undeniably what most people want.

18. Adventured

Adventured Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What about a reduce in faction player limits and ally limits? For example 8 people per faction and 1 ally per faction?
    Seen as though Union is a smaller server, I think it will definitely help with finding bases to raid, pvp and just all around make factions more fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. kickout01|alynn13

That means less power not more :/

20. Opinionised

Opinionised Well-Known Member

Yes but it means more pvp / base raiding. Also you could make powers to players even more so the power could be more just smaller factions ;).