1. Welcome to our site! Use IP play.unionmc.net (or u-mc.co) to connect to our server!
    Dismiss Notice

Union MC: Prison 3.0 Announced (12th August)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Aaron, Aug 7, 2016.

?

In the plot PvP "purge" day (10th), should plots be unclaimed?

1. No, keep plots claimed and protected.

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. No but allow TnT damage (cannons etc)

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  3. Yes, unclaim all plots.

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Announcing UNION MC: Prison 3.0

Hello community!
    I'm writing this announcing that we'll be performing a prison revamp and reset by the 12th of August!
    This will result in all data being wiped, including plots, inventories, PVs, A-Z rank, prestiges... everything (excluding donor packages which I shall explain shortly)

What time is the reset?
    The reset will be between 12 noon - 1pm on Friday the 12th of August. Delays may follow, however hopefully things go to plan this time.

Why is this a good thing?
    Many users have been complaining about how they stand no chance against longer-playing users in PvP, ranking up, etc. A reset would be a viable solution in order for all users to start equally again.
    Not only does it reset stats, however opens up much more opportunities for us to improve the prison, such as adding new features, remove redundant ones, regain our old players, advertise the server and overall keep everything fresh and interesting.

What can I expect?
    I won't be posting a whole changelog here yet, that'll be announced shortly before the reset. We wish to keep everything hyped.
    However you can expect the following:
    • A brand new spawn
    • A brand new set of A-Z mines
    • A brand new set of donor mines
    • Changes to store pricing
    • Changes to donor ranks
    • KoTH & PvP improvements
    • Much much more which will be revealed closer to the update
    Will I keep my donor ranks/items?
    This is a subject which is always delicate and many users have different views about this.
    Firstly, all users who have purchased donor ranks on Prison will receive their corresponding donor rank.
    Note: We are making changes to the donor ranks, however users will still receive the equivalent to what they have paid for.
    Morphs will be removed entirely as they haven't had any sales in months. We feel this is our best option as they also pose as a huge unfair advantage in PvP.

We won't be adding Personal Mines after we reset, hence these won't be reimbursed. We may try find other ways to refund players for these purchases. This decision was made in order to keep the economy sane.
    (They may be reintroduced in the future, and users could have them reimbursed that way)

Zeus and Apollo pickaxes will be severely nerfed (Sheet cooldown, fortune amount). We apologise for users who have also purchased these premium items (and we greatly appreciate your support for Union MC), however we have plans to give buyers these [adjusted] items 2-4 weeks after we reset (to ensure the economy is stable before we start introducing more OP pickaxes.

1-time-use items like spawners, tokens, crate keys etc will not be carried over into Union MC 3.0

Users who have changed their name after purchasing may not receive their items! We will be manually sorting this once we reset through thread submissions in the Purchase Help category.

What can I do from now to the reset?
    We understand players may see no incentive to play currently, however on Wednesday the 10th of August we will be enabling PvP in the plotworld until the reset commences.
    You could gear up, build bases, traps, etc.
    (We may also consider enabling TnT damage in plots and spawn)
    All users will have access to /kit Immortal in order to PvP

• Like Like x 2
  2. rickalic

rickalic Active Member

All of us here on the UnionMC staff team are excited to bring you a better prison server!

• Like Like x 1
  3. xShaunn

xShaunn Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Senior Moderator

This is what Harambe would have wanted

4. LastBoys

LastBoys Active Member

Well it is sad to say but prisons needed a reset. I know that people will be upset with this decision but I think it will be worth it in the end.

5. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

I can't believe your actually doing this... **** my time getting prestige 10. Sure New updates I get it, but this time I'm not going to like this reset particularly. The only thing I will like is this Damn economy fix.

BUT,

I will tell the truth. The server is trashy right now and deserves this update. LETS DO THIS THING

6. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We hope so :) We know users will be upset however we reset much less frequently than many other servers do lol.

7. Weston

Weston Well-Known Member

Will I have to be on and talk to someone to get my items?

also, dang I'm not very exited about this

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

I knew it! For how long now have I been saying they are either 1.) Pushing a reset, or 2.) Gonna reset soon. Nobody believed me xD

9. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

Cuz it wasnt suppose to happen so early xD

10. richrex711

richrex711 Forum Crazy!

So what you are saying here is that I will not get my immortal rank just because I had a different name when i bought it...

What about event items such as xmas or halloween? Or other limited crates. I forgot if there were any.

What I find rediculous is that some people spent ALOT on stuff within these items stated. It would have been a huge waste of money if they are gonna lose everything they got from it.

ALSO. One small thing. Tags?

11. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

You'll get the items, just not automatically. We'll have to do it ourselves
    We may be refunding those collector items however we're not sure as of yet.

Which items? Ones you paid for?
    You'll get your ranks automatically when you log in to the new server. (Unless you changed your name, we'll need to do it for you)

12. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

Just to memorial for me

13. iiLexilus

iiLexilus Member

I am actually so upset. Now i understand but i wish we could receive my prestige back.

14. Meewoo

Meewoo Resigned Admin

It's sad I won't be here for any of this :( I hope everyone will have a fun experience. The staff team have worked hard on this and we hope you enjoy!

Eh, we don't know currently what we plan to do with tags, I guess we will see in the near future. :)

15. LastBoys

LastBoys Active Member

Is there a way you guys can do a map download? So we can go back an visit the plots and mines in a single player world?

16. Aaron

Aaron Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We might release the plotworld for you to explore.
    I doubt we'd release the mines and spawn as people would use them for their own servers lol.
    We may also do timecapsule events where we go back 2.0

17. candylover2002x

candylover2002x Active Member

I'm very sad about and mosly about the ranks but I think we need a reset and do u think u could put a bunch of ender dragons in the world just for lols and ill get to be in this reset (in the last reset I was gone on vaction) time to spend more money on there xD

18. XxGpo2001xX

XxGpo2001xX Forum Crazy!

Speaking of time capsule, destroy the middle of spawn and place chests where we can write books with a message or something xD
    As for tags, aaron's up to something :D
    Screenshot_10.png

19. xDsword

xDsword Well-Known Member

I am so hyped, I've been waiting for this for like 3 weeks! I will be fully rejoining the server. But will destroying in other peoples plots be allowed on the 10th?

20. Weston

Weston Well-Known Member

Yea the ones I paid for.